Monday, November 14, 2005

just got back from stansted couple of hours ago. Portugal was gorgeous, not everything i imagined it to be, but it came relatively close. The food, the people, the city, the bustle, the tranquility, the modern facade juxtaposed with the cobbled streets and smelly dried cod. Tiny kids with sparkling eyes, juggling soccer balls by the quayside in the sunset.

portuguese eggtarts tthat actually do exist - and taste even more amazing than what I imagined they would. Porto has to be the city with the most pastry shops in the world. More than even vienna or singapore. Their appetite for custard and flaky puff pastry is literally stomach ache inducing.

NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING. The company was good too, but we all had things we were pondering on, chewing thoughts just didnt seem to cut it for very much more than superfluous exchange, that skimmed the surface of the depth of churning emotion beneath. but it was all good fun, Im grateful for the chance to just let loose.


Back to the issue of sterotypes. People who know, I am a sucker for dark hair and sparkly eyes. Met someone today, who really freaked the heck out of me, and pissed the shit out of me at the same time. AND he had dark hair and sparkly eyes, and was well, hot in every convetional sense of the word. Well, I was jogging it home, after running aroundlincoln's inns fields and up southampton row, when I moved past this guy in a suit. didnt thikn much of it, but I remember him, cuz did actually look at him.

Continued walking home, when I was 10 steps from the gate, heard this random voice stop me from behind. so it was that guy, turns out he's french morrocan, in london for a business trip - for the global money markets - and wanted me to "have a cuppa, a conversation" or "dinner with him". Right. Then, he asks, "How old are you". i would have turned to run, but for the fact that i was 10 steps from the door and didnt want him to know where we lived.

"20", .."oh.. that;s old.. thought u were much younger"..
well, so turns out mr hot and dashing is actually a perv looking for young underaged girls who walk around russell square at 8 in the evening to "have an invitation" or "rest with him". right.

did someone say anything about dark haired half french guys being sleazy?

(or being incredibly smooth, hairy, loud, obnoxious, insensitive, dashing for that matter)

++ fern at 3:02 PM


.: picture perfect :.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us.

.: shouts :.
Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)


.: friends :.
++ addie
++ nolly
++ choong
++ fish
++ lynn
++ princess
++ more blogs

.: photos :.
++ nov 04
++ singnight 04
++ march 05



My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

.: archives :.
[check out www.xanga.com/shinydragonfly]

.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Lyrics from Sky is Falling by Lifehouse
Thanks to blogskins.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com